Friday, March 9, 2012

Growing up is hard.... on moms.

My kids are growing up and with every new milestone, I cheer and then I secretly cry later in my bed.

Zane seems to be growing much faster than Karlee did. He has done everything a few months before she even showed interest in it. I don't like this. I liked that Karlee was my baby for so long. I want Zane to stay my baby. He has other plans.

He walks, he sleeps at night and only takes 1 nap during the day (it a long 3-4 hour nap.) He eats pretty much any food you put in front of him, as long as he can eat it himself with out your help. He doesn't want any help, with anything. He plays well with other kids, he climbs everything. He eats suckers and Popsicles by himself like its no big deal. He calms him self down when he bumps his head or falls down. He is just all around a big kid trapped in a toddler body.

Well yesterday he decided to do a way with another "thats for babies" item. He broke his last bottle. He throws them and shatters them on the tile. So, now he doesn't drink bottles anymore either. No baba and no formula. Just sippys and milk. And so far, he doesn't really care too much. He had a sippy with milk yesterday before bed and then when I laid him into his crib, he just snuggled up to his blanket and went to sleep with out 1 tear.

I hate it, and I love it. He is such a good boy, but hardley my baby anymore.


No comments: