Thursday, March 1, 2012

Christmas 2011.. yep its March 1st.

So I am still trying to make sure I update on the things that didn't get posted last year during my blog strike. Here is a flash back to Christmas and my shoulder surgery.


Planning for Christmas was so great this year. Ha, mostly because we didn't really plan anything! I had to have surgery on my shoulder on the 23rd (2 days before Christmas) so I didn't really know how I would be feeling or what I would be up for doing. So we just let our families make their plans and told them we would show up for whatever we could. So nice for once to just enjoy Christmas instead of feeling like we were making someone made because we were late for something.

I had my surgery on Friday the 23rd, at TOSH. I was pretty freaked out and just nervous that I was going to be so unhappy for the next few weeks while I was healing. It all went great and we were home by noon. That night was awful. I was in tons of pain when the block wore off and my pain meds just weren't cutting it. Terrible night.

The next day was better. I got some sleep and got on top of my meds. I was a loony for a few days but overall it was fine. Allen is the most amazing husband ever. We had a hard year. I had a baby, my wisdom teeth out, and shoulder surgery. He has changed millions of diapers, done bath and bed time by himself plenty of night, and for the most part, did it and didn't complain at all. I love him.

Christmas day was wonderful. Kids woke up and opened presents from Mom, Dad and Santa. Karlee got babies, barbies, a Jessie doll and the one thing she asked Santa for... Princess and the Frog movie. Zane got a Car's car and lots of hot wheels.

After we opened presents we went and did presents at the Bishops house. Then the Allens, Then we went to My parents to talk to Uncle Brad in Tennessee on Skype. We miss him. It was so great to hear from him and know that he is doing so good.

After a long day we went home and crashed. We were all spoiled Rotten. Allen bought me Tickets to Kelly Clarkson.. which we will be going to on March 20th :) Below is a cross stitch that Brandi made for me. It was one of my favorite gifts for sure.
The little buttons are even fish, so all of us are there.. duke and the fish included.

and here is the rest of Christmas....














No comments: