We bought our house! The house was not so pretty but we were so excited to have a place to live that it didn't matter. Allen and Grandpa Allen and Grandpa Bishop spent hours and hours and weeks fixing up the front yard. They poured a front sidewalk, removed over grown trees and bushes, caped off the rock walls, tore out a cement wishing well, dug up huge rocks, leveled out the dirt, installed a sprinkler system, and laid sod.


Allen and I decided we needed new carpet for sure because there was black dirt trails from the previous owners. Then we decided that if we were going to paint we should do it before we get new carpet so the paint wouldn't drip. This turned into tiling a back splash in our kitchen, painting the kitchen cabinets, updating kitchen appliances, painting all the ceilings white, painting all the walls in the house, and all of the baseboards and doors. Then we decided to add some recessed lighting in the kitchen witch then led to grandpa having to fix most of the electrical wiring for the house because of a fire hazard. What would we do without grandpa to save the day every time! We did the entire project in two weeks. Those two weeks happened to be the two weeks before our wedding. I was sick and was working a crazy schedule at smiths. I'm not sure if Allen ever slept. He was working 50 hours and pulled many all nighters. The night before the carpet guy came we were rushing to finish the painting and pulled up all the carpet. We finally finished and the carpet guy showed up about an hour later. It was Eight O'clock the next morning. I was so tired that I fell asleep on the couch in the front yard while the carpet was being installed. Poor Allen was at work.
No comments:
Post a Comment