Sunday, January 18, 2009

oh baby

A lot has happened since Christmas and I have just been too lazy to update. I am so over Christmas and so annoyed that I still have my Christmas tree in my living room. My Christmas lights are still half way up out side, (I got sick while putting them up and only did one half of my house.) and they turn on automatically when the porch light turns on. I really did enjoy Christmas I am just sick of seeing it in my house still.
I am feeling so much better lately and I am so thankful for it. I was afraid I was going to be miserable the entire pregnancy and never want to be pregnant again. I still have special times when I cant keep anything down for a couple days but then I go a week or two feeling great! I am so thankful to be working where I am because my boss and co-workers are so good to me. They are so understanding and rarely laugh as they see me run down the hall to the bathroom. They are always looking out for me and let me off the hook much too easy.
Allen and I have finally come to an agreement on baby's name! We talked about it every day and every night. We just couldn't agree on anything. I started writing down names that I liked and sticking them on the fridge to see if one day I would walk by and be like oh.... I really like that one. It just wasn't working and Allen couldn't even come up with one name he sort of liked. One night I said... What about Karlee? Allen didn't answer. So the next day I wrote it down and put it one the fridge. Finally, one day we walked by it and said Oh... I really like that one. So... Karlee it is. We have been calling her that for the last few weeks and now I cant imagine calling her anything else.
We have an ultrasound appointment on Tuesday morning. I am very excited for it because for some reason in my mind I keep thinking that the doctor is going to move my due date up and I will get to meet Karlee earlier then we have been expecting. I really should get this out of my mind because with my luck the doctor is going to move the due date back and we will have to wait even longer. I think about her all day every day and some days I think about her so much I want to cry because I hate waiting for her. Everyone tells me to enjoy my last days of my normal life but those days are already over for me. Yes, I know being pregnant is not the same as having a child but being pregnant is anything but normal to me. So if Normal is over I would much rather meet my baby then be pregnant.
Every time I look in the mirror it makes me laugh. My body looks so weird right now. I have always thought that pregnant women look so cute... which they do but now that its happening to me I also think they look very funny. I dont know how I will ever be able to come back from this new look but I just cant think too much about that right now because I still have a long way to go.

1 comment:

Walkers said...

YOu need to post a cute picture of your prego belly!! I'm sure your just as cute as every other pregnant lady! I cant believe your having a baby!!! WOWZER!