Sunday, January 18, 2009

Grandma Montana

I called and talked to my Grandma Montana the other day. Her name is really not Montana that is just where she lives so that's what we have always called her. I thought that was her name until I was about ten. She was diagnosed with terminal cancer last year just after my wedding. Its really hard to not be able to visit her whenever I want to. I wish I could go pick her up and bring her home so I could be there for her. My grandma is the bomb. Some of the best days of my life was when she lived around the corner from me and I could go to her house every day. She would cook for me ... anything i wanted. Waffles, home made chicken soup, or even just make me a pb&j. They are better when she makes them. She would play cards with me and let me paint her fingernails weird colors. She taught me to sew and a few things about making wedding veils. We did crafts and painted things together. We would watch movies together on her tiny TV and had many a sleepovers while Grandpa was off in the mountains. I loved having her here wish she could come back. Love you grams!

2 comments:

The Perks of Life! said...

Suzie! Yay, you have a blog! I'm so sorry to hear about your grandma. I remember when she lived by us. Ha, remember when there was the tornado in Salt Lake and you and I were home alone so we grabbed our dogs, yes all three of them, and went to your grandma's house. I don't even know why we were so scared for our dog's lives, but we were. Ha good times. Glad to know you're feeling better, keep in touch.

Shari said...

hey suzie get on skype and you can see her everyday. www.skype.com down load it its free. Call Jennifer Luna skype thing. Better yet come visit. Door is always open. Uncle Craig